Sunday, July 30, 2006

Chick-a-licious


I love fried chicken and try to prepare it at least once a year. The urge usually hits me during the hottest part of the summer when the heat and humidity are both way high. Nothing takes me back to my childhood like a plate of southern fried chicken and a mess of slow cooked vegetables. So in partnership with Pfizer, the manufacturer of LipitorĀ®, I present the I Just Had a Birthday and also Just Picked the First Ripe Tomato, Celebration Dinner!!!

The Menu:
*John T. Edge's Sweet Tea Fried Chicken. Special thanks to Brad for encouraging me to try this recipe. This is SO good. I can't wait to eat this the rest of the week.
*Green beans with new potatoes and yellow squash.
*Turnip Greens
*Fried Corn with jalapenos.

Sweet Tea Fried Chicken Visual Recap.

The chicken went into the sweet tea brine late Friday afternoon. The mixture was still warm so I added some ice.



You are looking at some deep fried lovin' here.



Right now I can hear the leftovers calling to me from the Fridge!.



Let's EAT!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Gumby said...

My special thanks to Brad for encouraging Pokey to fix this. It was DELECTABLE!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

I can practically smell the southern fried goodness from here!

10:57 AM  
Blogger JuliaMazal said...

Found you via Farmgirl. That fried chicken looks so good I can't stand it!!! It's so hot and humid in Toronto, too. I thought I was all clever having a salad for dinner. Now all I want is FRIED CHICKEN!

12:09 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Happy Birthday! And everything looks scrumptious!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Found my way here from Jeph's blog, and I have to agree with everyone on the chicken. I've never made fried chicken myself, but this entry is inspiration!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Jeph said...

OMG - that looks SOOOO GOOD!! I LOOOVE fried chicken, but like you, rarely make it. I hate dealing with the mess more than anything. I did find I like Barefoot Contessa's buttermilk oven fried chicken, where you start it in oil on the stove top but then finish it off in the oven.

And, even though it's not exactly what you made, you've also got me craving some green beans with bacon...and, hm, maybe some mashed potatoes with gravy. Fried okra? Man, I'm getting hungry!

Keep up the good cooking!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home