Thursday, July 20, 2006

Culinary Relaxation

Sorry that I've not been posting a lot lately. Mainly it's because work is interfering way too much into my life. At work, my group is working on several big projects and the best way to describe my current staff is new, incompetent, or on disability. Woo-hoo such fun for me.

Cooking dinner is usually a high point of my day, but when things suck at work, preparing dinner is my mental salvation. I seldom use recipes when cooking. But one of my favorite pastimes is reading cookbooks and of course reading food blogs.

For tonight's dinner I wanted something light (still hot outside here) and something that would include an avocado and the washed leaf lettuce already in the fridge. So I came up with a warm(-ish) Shrimp salad with onions, zucchini and avocado.

It is possible that I read a similar recipe on a blog - maybe, but my brain is so over saturated that I could not tell you for sure.



Did Gumby like it????

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

It looks (looked) beautiful. Was there a dressing? Do tell!

(I too find the kitchen a source of relaxation)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Gumby said...

Yes, I DID like it! a lot!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

Yum! : )

P.S. LOL, love the description of your staff.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home