Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday Pretend.....



Today, I'm pretending to be in Heber Springs, Arkansas, looking over Greers Ferry lake. It is sunset, but we had a bit of clouds, the day was hot and humid. The water on the lake is begining to calm. The Purple Martins are flying overhead and you can begin to hear the night insects and frogs begin to sing along the shore and in the surrounding woods. It's time to go into town for some fried catfish or BBQ and a big glass of ice tea. Then back to the house for some leftover homemade ice-cream and later I'll fall asleep watching The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

I'm really digging the imagery. Heber isn't too far away from me, as a matter of fact.

I could easily eat fried catfish 5 nights a week.

4:47 PM  
Blogger The Yellow Dog Speaks said...

5 nights of catfish! That works just as long as fried chicken and some type of pork is consumed on days 6 & 7.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home